Required Internet Speed for Netflix
The following shows the internet speed recommendations for streaming the videos on Netflix.
- Required broadband connection speed – 0.5 Mbps.
- Recommended broadband connection speed – 1.5 Mbps.
- Recommended speed for SD quality – 3.0 Mbps.
- Recommended speed for HD quality – 5.0 Mbps.
- Recommended speed for Ultra HD quality – 25.0 Mbps.
Netflix Slow Streaming – Remedies
Because of seemingly endless choices that are provided by Netflix, it’s quite obvious that you might need a convincing purpose to go outside, otherwise who would want to leave the shows on Netflix? Remember the time before Orange Is the New Black? When you needed the sun? Now, you just have a self-tanner, Vitamin D capsules, and a Netflix account!!
If you think nothing is more annoying than Vee in OITNB, then think again because Netflix buffering can be much worse. If you are exhausted by the Netflix quality and Netflix loading slow, here is a tip for you!
Troubleshooting Buffering Issues on Your Computer
You can access a hidden menu to eliminate Netflix slow streaming. If your Netflix keeps buffering, then you can access the secret menu by performing the following action:
- Open the Internet browser and go to www.netflix.com.
- Select your choice of program to start playing.
- For Windows PC, pressing Shift + Alt + Left click on your mouse and for Mac, pressing Shift + Option + Click on your mouse will pop up the hidden menu.
- Select the Stream Manager.
- Match the buffering speed with your playing speed.
Your friends think you are super cool, don’t they?
If you still have the problem of Netflix loading slow even after following the steps mentioned above, then you can manually set-up your buffering settings by the following steps: –
- Start watching the show by logging into your Netflix account.
- Hold down Ctrl + Shift + Alt + S if you are using a PC or Ctrl + Shift + Opt + S if you are using a Mac.
- A gray pop-up will emerge on the screen.
- Select the lower number from the center column of Video Bitrate.
- Hit Override.
Choosing a lower bitrate will decrease the streaming quality of your video, but this will put an end to your buffering problems. You can always experiment with the value of the bitrate to find out what best fits your requirements.
Troubleshooting Netflix Buffering on Your TV, Blu-Ray, or a Game Console
The first step, for troubleshooting the buffering and other problems in devices such as smart TV, Blu-Ray, or a game console is calling up the hidden menu for resetting the Netflix app. The following shows the steps to be carried out:
- Open the Netflix app on your device.
- Press the following buttons on your remote or game control in the order given – Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up.
- Then a menu will appear.
- Among several options on this hidden menu, choose to Deactivate to reset the app and start over.
- Log in to your Netflix account again.
If you are still experiencing the buffering issues, you should consult your internet service provider to find out if there are some problems with your network. Or if you think there is something wrong with Netflix itself then Contact Netflix Customer Service for help.