Scarlett Johansson is one of the highest-paid and most popular actresses. She is widely known for her impressive performances in films such as The Avengers, Hitchock, Lost in Translation, Lucy, and many more.
Who Is Scarlett Johansson?
Scarlett Johansson was born on November 22, 1984, in New York City. From a young age, she aimed at becoming an actress and had her first performance as a child in an Off-Broadway play. She began her journey as an actress with North (1994) and soon got attraction for her roles in Manny & Lo (1996), The Horse Whisperer (1998), and Ghost World (2001). Johansson continued her journey and got a lot of success from movies like Girl with a Pearl Earring, Lost in Translation, The Nanny Diaries, Hitchcock, Vicky Cristina Barcelona, including one of the best sci-fi film series, The Avengers.
|Full Name:||Scarlett Ingrid Johansson|
|Date of Birth:||November 22, 1984|
|Birth Place:||New York City, USA|
|Best known for:||Marvel Studios Movies|
|Nationality:||American and Danish|
|Profession:||Actor, Singer, Model|
|Current Age:||35 Years (2020)|
|Height:||5 ft 3 inches|
Scarlett Johansson completed her Middle School from Simon Baruch Middle School and went to P.S 41 Greenwich Village School for her upper-middle-class studies in New York. As she was passionate about acting from her young age, she started her theatrical training in Professional Children’s School in Manhattan, New York City, in 2002 while also graduating from the same school.
Scarlett Johansson is mostly known as an actress and model. Besides that, she’s also an artist. Johansson released her first album in 2008 named Anywhere I Lay My Head.
Scarlett Johansson’s father, Karsten Johansson, works as an Architect, while her mother, Melanie Sloan, is a producer by profession. Johansson has four siblings, including Vanessa (Elder Sister, Actress), Adrian (Elder Brother), Hunter (Twin Brother), Christian (Elder Half-Brother).
Born in the city of lights, New York, Scarlett Johansson was surrounded by full of creative artists. Her mother was a producer, and her grandfather was a director and screenwriter by profession.
Scarlett Johansson was fond of acting, starting from an early age. She was first spotted in an off-Broadway production of Sophistry with Ethan Hawke at the age of eight. Johansson pursued to seek opportunities and went on to study at Manhattan’s PCS, a private educational instituation widely popular for generating superstars like Carrie Fisher, Rita Moreno and Sarah Michellene Gelllar. She was also interested in music, so she joined PCS (Professional Children’s School) to pursue her passion.
Johansson started her early career during her school days by debuting in North (1994) with Elijah Wood. After two years, from the release of the North, she got her first lead role in Manny & Lo, which is an independent dramatic comedy.
Scarlett Johansson made her breakthrough in 1998 with the movie The Horse Whisperer. She played a young amputee, which turned out to be the point of attraction and received lots of love from the audience, film stars and directors. She starred the movie with Robert Redford and Kristin Scott Thomas. Robert Redford commented on Johansson’s outstanding maturity, saying that she was “13 going on 30.” In 2001, Scarlett Johansson more positive critics for her supporting role in Ghost World.
In 2002, she graduated from the Professional Children’s School and started to get recognized as one of Hollywood’s future star actresses. She went on to cast two roles in 2003 and received lots of critical praises. Johansson played the role of a woman traveling Tokyo and who gets into an absurd relationship with a much older man (Bill Murray) in Lost in Translation. Whereas, she also gave a majestic performance in Girl with a Pearl Earring where she played as a servant girl.
After her early successes, Scarlett Johanson worked on various films like The Black Dahlia, The Nanny Diaries and many more, which paved her way to become one of the recognizable faces of Hollywood. Following her success in previous movies, she stepped up to the Marvel Studios and played the role of a Black Widow in the commercially successful The Avenggers (2012). From then, she continued her journey in The Avengers, including Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Avengers: The Age of Ultron, Avengers: Infinity War, and the latest Avengers: Endgame. Her performances in the franchise movie proved fruitful as she was listed as the world’s highest-paid actresses in 2018 by Forbes.
Scarlett Johansson’s Relationship Status
- Benicio del Toro: In 2004, a lot of rumors were linked with Scarlett dating an actor, Benicio del Toro.
- Ryan Reynolds: In September 2008, Scarlett Johansson married Canadian actor Ryan Reynolds. They went on to acquire a home in Los Angeles but got divorced after two years in December 2010.
- Sean Penn: Starting from February 2011 to June 2011, she was heavily romantically linked with actor Sean Penn.
- Nate Naylor: Nate Naylor, the New York Advertising Executive, dated Johansson for over a year from 2011 to 2012.
- Romain Dauriac: Scarlett dated a Frenchman who owns an independent advertising agency, Romain Dauriac. In September 2013, they got engaged and gave birth to their first child, Rose Dorothy Dauriac on September 4, 2014. The married on October 1, 2014, in Philipsburg, Montana but two years later they divorced each other and publicly announced it in January 2017.
- Joe Machota: During 2017, a lot of rumor surrounded Johansson dating Joe Machota, a Creative Artists Agency’s member.
- Colin Jost: In 2017, Scarlett dated Colin Jost who’s an actor, comedian, and screenwriter. After a few years of dating each other, they got engaged in April 2019.
Scarlett Johansson’s Net Worth
Scarlett Johansson is one of the most successful actresses in Hollywood and widely known for her roles in movies like Avengers and Lost in Translation. Kicking off from 2018, she is the world’s highest-paid actress and currently holds an estimated net worth of $165 million.
Here’s how she got there
- In 2019, Scarlett Johansson earned $56 million. With that being said, she was the highest-paid actress of that year.
- She has worked on mega-hits like Avengers film series and got two Oscar nominations for her play in Marriage Story and Jojo Rabbit.
- Besides acting, she also tried building a musical career, theater, and sketch comedy.
- The numbers are just going to rise as she’s all set for the release of her solo Marvel movie, Black Widow on November 6, 2020.
Scarlett Johansson’s Favorite Things
Favorite Color: Red
Favorite Food: Buffalo Wings
Interests and Hobbies: Music, Acting, Shopping
Favorite Book: Summer Crossing, Marjorie Morningstar, The Catcher in the Rye
Favorite Music: Edith Piaf, Tom Waits, Nina Simone, Miles Davies, Duke Ellington
Favorite Son: Burma Shave (Artist: Tom Waits)
Favorite actor/actress: Meryl Streep, Tom Cruise
Favorite Movie: Mean Streets (1973), Heat (1995), Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (1971).
Favortie Designer: Gucci, Marc Jacobs, and Chanel.
Favorite Makeup Products: Dolce & Gabbana Classic Cream Lipsticks, Eucerin Body Lotion, L’Occitane Lavender Foaming Bath, Dolce & Gabbana Secret Eyes Mascara
Interesting Facts About Scarlett Johansson You Didn’t Know
- Scarlett Johansson is left-handed.
- Johansson was born just 3 minutes earlier than her twin brother.
- She began smoking at 15 years old.
- Scarlett Johansson is widely known for her role as Black Widow. However, she was not the first choice. Emily Blunt decided to step out of the project, and that allowed Johansson to grab the opportunity.
- She won the BAFTA award (The British Academy of Film and Television Arts) for her performance in “Lost in Translation” where she played as Charlotte.
- Marvel films have been her highest-grossing films, but her best individual performance was a box office with Lucy (2014).
- It’s a fact that not every movie goes on a high, and Johansson’s was “The Spirit,” which was her lowest-rated film on Rotten Tomatoes.
- Besides acting, she’s also interested in music. Johansson has released several albums, including Break Up (2009), and Anywhere I Lay My Head (2008).
- In 2014, she revealed that she hates the nickname set by her fan, “Scar Jo,” in an interview with Glamour.