Netflix account is required to access contents on netflix.com. Netflix was limited to few countries, but now it is expanded to more than 190 countries, so wherever you are you can create and use Netflix account. With this account, you can watch all the television series and films that are available in your region. There are different types of account you can create.
How can I create a Netflix Account?
To create a new Netflix account, you need an internet connected device, credit/debit card or PayPal account. For more details follow Netflix sign up steps here.
Types of Netflix Subscriptions
There are three kinds of Netflix subscription. Basic, Standard, and Premium. With a Basic account, you will not be able to watch in HD and Ultra HD, and your account can be logged in one screen at a time only. Ultra HD is available to premium account holder only, who can also watch Netflix on four screens at the same time. You can watch unlimited Netflix in all account and from all devices. For each account, you will get one month of free trial. And if you do not want these plans, you can cancel them anytime. Learn more on How to cancel Netflix page.
How does Netflix Charge my Account?
Netflix work on the monthly subscription basis. That means your subscription fee will be deducted each month from the associated account(debit/credit card or PayPal account). If you are on Netflix free trial and cancel before trial expiration, you will not be charged.
How do I cancel Netflix membership?
Other people are using my Netflix account without my permission.
If you find someone else is using your Netflix login credentials, you should immediately perform the following action.
- Sign out from Netflix on all logged in device. Copy and paste this link to your web browser. (https://www.netflix.com/ManageDevices) Remember that it may take up to 8 hours to effect if you have multiple profiles set.
- Change the Netflix password. While creating a new Netflix password, make sure it’s a strong enough, memorable for you and hard for others to make a guess of it.
Why Netflix says my account is already in use when I try to watch something in it?
As mentioned above, there is a limit on how many users can watch Netflix from your account at the same time. If you are a basic account holder, you can’t watch more than a screen at once. So if you have shared your password, ask that person to log out of Netflix so you can watch it. Another option is to upgrade Netflix account so more users can watch it simultaneously.
How can I make Netflix account secure?
Netflix uses SSL to encrypt your login and financial data, so it’s quite safe. But you have to consider the following points to make it secure from your side.
- Don’t use a too easy password and change it in regular interval.
- You may get phishing emails asking your login credentials or asking you to visit different sites. Netflix will never ask your payment info (credit/debit card or PayPal details) also Netflix will also never ask your password or social security number, so if you get such emails, contact Netflix support immediately.
- Make sure that the anti-virus program installed on your Netflix devices is up to date and functioning well. So that your PC or device remains safe.
- If you are using someone else’s device to watch Netflix, then sign out immediately after you completed watching it.
How do profiles work in my account?
You can create up to 5 profiles in your Netflix account. With a different name, each profile can be assigned to different people and have a separate recently watched list, rating and review, my list and personalized movies / TV shows suggestion. You can set parental controls on these profiles, and you can also edit or delete them easily.
How can I edit Netflix account information?
Log in to your account > Click on your name in the upper right corner > Your account. You will be able to change your email address, add or edit payment info and billing information. You can also select language and playback setting.