Kim Soo-Hyun is a popular South Korean actor widely known for his roles in Dream High, It’s Okay to Not Be Okay, and Moon Embracing the Sun, My Love from the Star, The Producers, The Thieves, Secretly, Greatly and Real.
Here, we will look at Kim Soo-Hyun’s life, including his early life, career, net worth, education, girlfriend, physical appearance, and more.
Early life and education
Kim Soo-Hyun was born on February 16, 1988 in Seoul.
In his early school days, his mother inspired him to join acting classes, so that he can subdue his shy and self-contained personality. Later on, during his middle school and high school, Kim’s ambition of becoming an actor began growing strong. Kim Soo-Hyun had played his first major role as Puck in a stage play of A Midsummer Night’s Dream by Shakespeare.
Kim Soo-Hyun completed his school by 2006 in Gangnam, Seoul. A year later, he participated in auditions and made his debut as a TV actor. In 2009, he joined the Chung-Ang University to study Film and Theater.
In 2007, Kim Soo-Hyun made his TV debut by playing a support role in Kimchi Cheese Smile. A year after, he got his first lead role in a hit drama, Jungle Fish. For several years, he worked on various movies and shows making him one of the most popular actors in South Korea.
Besides acting, he also went on to join the military in 2017. He even had an early promotion as a Sergeant for his outstanding conduct in the military. After spending one and a half years, Kim Soo-Hyun retired from the army in 2019.
In 2019, Kim Soo-Hyun made headlines for making a comeback to his acting career by having cameo appearances on Hotel del Luna and Crash Landing on You. A year after, Kim Soo-Hyun played the leading role of Moon Gang-tae in the Netflix hit series It’s Okay to Not Be Okay.
View this post on Instagram
Kim Soo-Hyun didn’t have a pleasant childhood as he was the only child in his family to live with his mother. Kim Soo-Hyun’s father, Chung Hoon, left Kim Soo-Hyun when he was at a very young age.
Kim Soo-Hyun has a cousin named Lee Sa Rang who works as a film director.
Currently, he doesn’t have a girlfriend. As per some sources, previously he was on a year relationship.
View this post on Instagram
Kim Soo-Hyun has a net worth of $1.2 Billion. He earns $839,000 for each episode.
10 Facts about Kim Soo-Hyun you didn’t know
- He began his acting career at the age of 19 by playing a supporting role in Kimchi Cheese Smile (2007).
- Dream High TV series was his breakthrough moment.
- He’s an Aquarius.
- He tried the venture of becoming a professional bowler.
- He’s a very good singer as well.
- Since middle school, Kimm Soo-hyun has suffered from heart problems, including arrhythmia and supraventricular tachycardia.
- Kaya Scodelario is his ideal woman.
- In 2014, he had the most number of endorsements among Korean celebs.
- He’s not ambidextrous by nature, he trained for it for dramas.
- In 2019, he got discharged from the Korean military after joining in late 2017.