These days it’s a challenging task to find versatile celebrities to act in movies and TV shows. Only a few stars possess these capabilities, and Antje Traue is one of them. Despite being a German-born actress, she was able to act in various Hollywood movies as well. The contribution that she made to the film industry made her an internationally recognized celebrity. Her elegant and graceful smile makes her one of the most beautiful stars in the film industry. She is known to the world for the portrayal of the evil character Faora in 2013 Superhero movie Man of Steel and her role as Agnes Nielsen in popular Netflix Original Drama Series Dark.
Who is Antje Traue?
|Full Name:||Antje Traue|
|Best known for:||Acting|
|Date of Birth:||18th January, 1981|
|Height:||5 feet 5 inches|
|Current Age:||39 years old (as of 2020)|
|Birth Place:||Mittweida, Germany|
|Siblings:||has younger sister|
|Net worth:||$3 million|
Antje Traue is a German actress born on January 18th, 1981, in Mittweida, East Germany. Her parents belonged to the family of artists where they raised their daughter Antje. They trained her as a gymnast, but she was interested in acting since her early age. Her mother was a musician, as well as a dancer. Though Antje was German by nationality, she had fluency in English and Russian language. She also has the capability of playing the guitar because her mother was a musician. Unfortunately, her mother died when she was 23 years old. Antje has a younger sister whose name remains unknown to the public.
The 38 years old actress has a fit and slim body. She stands tall at a height of 5 feet and 5 inches tall. Every one of you can recognize her with her distinctive sparkling smile. The dark brown colored hair and blue colored eyes make her one of the beautiful actresses of all time.
Antje’s long journey to being a successful movie actress began when she first played the role of Jeanne d’Arc (a heroine of France during the Hundred Years’ War) in her school play. At the young age of sixteen, she got a chance to play the lead role in International Munich Art Lab’s first-ever musical West End Opera. For the next four years, she got an opportunity to tour with the production team appearing in the stages throughout Germany. She first made her debut in the movie Kleinruppin Forever in the year 2004.
Her fame caught spotlight when she got featured in the 2008 science fiction/thriller film Pandorum, which is directed by Christian Alvart. In the year 2013, she came into the Hollywood limelight by appearing in the Superman movie. Traue played the evil character Faora in Superman film Man of Steel. To be fit for the role, she took four-month training and adapted the dieting program.
After getting positive reviews for her role in Man of Steel, Traue played the role of Bony Lizzie in 2015 Universal Pictures action fantasy film Seventh Son. She appeared in several leading roles as well as in supporting roles in various German and international movies and also in some TV shows. In 2017, she played the role of Agnes Nielsen in the first German-language Netflix Original Series Dark. The recent lead role Traue received is in the German TV mini-series Dead End.
Antje Traue Filmography
|2003||Die Nacht davor|
|2008||Berlin am Meer|
|2011||5 Days of War|
|2013||Man of Steel|
|2015||Woman in Gold|
|2016||Despite the Falling Snow|
|2016||Kundschafter des Friedens|
|2016||Vier gegen die Bank|
|2017||Bye Bye Germany|
|2019||König der Raben|
|2012||Annika Bengtzon: Nobels last will|
|2015||Mordkommission Berlin 1|
|2015||Der Fall Barschel|
|2016||Close to the Enemy|
|2018||Die Freundin meiner Mutter|
|2019||Dead End (working title)|
Traue’s outstanding performance in many great movies seems pretty rewarding. She achieved critical acclaim in Germany for the 2016 film Der Fall Barschel by portraying the role of the fictional character of Giselle Neumayer. She also received nominations for best actress in German TV productions for the lead female roles in the TV mini-series Weinberg and Berlin 1.
Making acting as her primary source of income, Antje has an estimated net worth of around $3 million. This recorded amount is going to increase in the coming days because of her upcoming projects. However, her annual salary is not available to the public and is currently under review.
According to the reports, there are rumors about Antje Traue tying knot with her boyfriend, whose name is still unknown. She dated Ben Foster, her co-star for the movie Pandorum while the film was in progress, and rumors also went in the media about her romance with German actor Hannes Wegener.
Social Media Status
Antje Traue is on Instagram. You can follow her on
Famous Quotes by Antje Traue
Like most of us, Antje Traue also dreamed of being a celebrity from the very beginning. By suffering many ups and downs throughout her entire career, she fulfilled her dream to be a successful movie actress. Most of her sayings have been a great boon to many of the inspiring young talents. Here are some of the great quotes stated by Antje Traue.
- “It never really worked out for me in my own country. They said, ‘You’re not famous enough for the lead roles, and you’re too present for the supporting roles-you’d overpower the lead.’”
- “As an actor, you are always looking for subtext, for layers, for what’s going on underneath.”
- “I wanted to play the piano, but my fingers weren’t long enough, so I took up the guitar.”
- “Growing up in eastern Germany, I knew of Superman, but he didn’t resonate emotionally with me.”
- “I think of Superman as the ultimate vanilla hero. He’s this perfect refugee, this perfect immigrant from another planet who embodies the American dream.”
View this post on Instagram
Unknown facts about Antje Traue
- Antje never studied acting, and she never attended any of the acting schools. Many of her experiences, including the parts in opera, prepared her for the career in acting.
- To be fit for playing American movies, she worked hard to lose her German accent. She practiced a lot to improve and asked her friends to correct the language while she was practicing the pronunciation.
- Before taking the path of acting, Antje was famous as a singer, dancer, and rapper.
- After gaining stardom by starring in the famous superhero movie Man of Steel, she bought a toy version of her character from the film as soon as it became available in the stores.
- Before starring in the Superman movie Man of Steel, she was uninterested in Superman and hadn’t seen any of the Superman movies.
- In Germany, the filmmakers didn’t offer her many roles because they told her that her face didn’t fit.
- As her acting career was on the brink of collapse, she decided to give up acting and start studying medicine.
- Antje believes that all the roles she played came to her for a reason.